Add some eco-friendly life to your interior with these awesome accessories made from cardboard boxes. These cute and stylish products are great for DIYs, crafting, office decor and more.
There is a rarity of things that are as multi-purpose as a box made of cardboard. From furniture to home decorations, there are many things you can make from recycled boxes. In this article, we will show and present to you some of the best ways to use cardboard boxes for your own benefit.
What are cardboard boxes good for?
One great use for these boxes is for storage. They are cheap, recyclable, and can be stacked on top of each other. You can also cut them down to create makeshift shelves or use them as a base for a custom-made bookcase.
When it comes to recycling, cardboard is one of the most versatile materials out there. Not only can it be used to make new boxes. But it can also be recycled into new boxes, insulation, and other products.
Here are mini ways you can use boxes of cardboard for various things
- Recycle into new shipping and storage containers. Cut them down to size attributes and shape with a saw or a jigsaw, then paint or stain them to match your needs.
- Make boxes out of them to store your belongings. Cut a hole in the top for a lock, and then decorate them with stickers, fabric, or other accessories.
- Use them to create insulation for your home. Cut them into smaller pieces and spray foam insulation over the top.
- Create custom furniture using cardboard as the primary material. Trace patterns onto cardboard sheets using an inkjet printer then cut and assemble the pieces using wood glue and screws.
- Storage for crafting supplies:Another great use for these boxes is as crafting supplies. You can use them to store yarn, thread, needles, and other craft supplies or use them as the base for your project-making creations.
- Wall murals: If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to decorate your home or office. Consider creating a cardboard box wall mural. Just cut out pictures or words from different-sized boxes and attach them together with tape or Velcro strips.
How to make cardboard toys:
Making cardboard toys is a fun activity that your kids will love. You can make simple toys like cars, animals, and robots, or more complicated creations like toy houses and aeroplanes. To make a playable toy car, start by cutting a 12-inch circle out of some cardboard boxes designs. Draw a car outline on the circle with a pencil. Cut out the car using an X-Acto knife. Next, cut four 6-inch circles from the centre of the 12-inch circle.
These will be the wheels of the car. Draw four circles around the wheel outline on the cardboard disk, using a pencil to help guide your cuts. Use an X-Acto knife to slit out the circles. Finally, cut two 2-inch circles from the bottom of one of the 6-inch circles. Glue these circles to the bottom of one of the 4-inch circles that you cut from the centre of the 12-inch circle. Glue these second 4-inch circles to the top of one of the 6-inch circles that you cut from the centre of the 12-inch circle. Use a hot glue gun to attach these pieces together. Your toy car is ready to play with!
Ideas for recycling old boxes
There is a lot you can make from recycled custom cardboard boxes, and the possibilities are endless. Check out some of our favourites and mostly used ideas below!
- Make a custom jewellery box out of a recycled box. Cut a hole in the top for your necklace. And then, use a hot glue gun to attach some pretty beads or charms to the inside.
- Create some chic gift bags from recycled boxes. Cut one end off the box, and then cut a slit down one side of the box that’s big enough to fit your gift inside. Glue on some pretty paper or fabric tags, and you’re ready to go!
- Recycle old packing materials into new packing materials. Cut up old boxes into small pieces and use them to fill in any gaps in new packing material sacks. This is an easy way to keep your goods safe while they’re in transit!
- Make an easy-to-clean shoe rack out of recycled boxes. Cut several large holes in the top of each box. And then, use dowels or screws to hang them up on a wall or door frame.
How to turn cardboard into artwork
One way to use cardboard boxes printed as an artist is to create 3-Dimensional art. To do this, cut a piece or chunk of cardboard the size you want your final artwork to be. Then, using a hole punch or a razor blade, make a series of small cuts all around the cardboard so that it resembles a cube. Finally, paint or draw on the surface of the cube and let the artwork dry. You can now display your artwork as is or also turn it into a sculpture by cutting small mini holes in the top and bottom of the cube and inserting dowel rods to give it stability.
How to Make a Cardboard Box Guitar
If you’ve ever been frustrated or irritated with how to make a cardboard guitar, this tutorial is for you! In just a few simple plain steps, you can create your very own cardboard guitar that also sounds great. You’ll need a few or some pieces of cardboard, a pencil, and an eraser. First, draw the outline of your guitar on a piece of cardboard. Next, use the pencil to add some details, like the strings and fretboard. Finally, erase any unwanted lines with the eraser. Your cardboard guitar is now ready to play!
Creative projects with cardboard boxes
If you’re like usual people, you probably have a ton of boxes lying around your house that could be deployed for so much more. Here are creative projects that can be made from these boxes
A cardboard box camera!
This is a fun and easy project that can also be completed in just a few minutes. You’ll just need some scissors, a paper clip, and a cardboard box. Poke or punch a hole in one end of the box, then insert the paperclip into the hole and hold it in place. Next, take the other end or corner of the paperclip and make a loop with it. Hold this loop between your thumb and first two fingers (like you’re making a small ‘o’). Stick your head through the open end of the box and position the camera so that the loop lines up with the lens on top. Snap the photo!
A cardboard box lightbox!
To make your cardboard light box, first cut a rectangle out of cardboard that’s about 5×7 inches. Then cut or snip two slits in the top of the rectangle so that you can place them over a light source (like a lamp) and see the light reflected back inside.
Next, use electrical tape to cover the entire front of the lightbox except for the two slits. This will act as a mirror and also reflect the light inside back out towards the camera or video camera.
Finally, take your photos or videos inside the lightbox, and you’ll be able to see great lighting effects that would have been impossible to achieve any other way!
How to Make a Cardboard Box Clock
Looking for an easy, plain and fun way to spend a rainy day? Cardboard Box Clock is the perfect project for you! This DIY project only requires a few supplies from your cardboard box. And it’s sure to be a hit and popular with your friends.
First, cut two circles out of the cardboard box using a knife or a cutting mat. These circles will be the clock faces.
Next, use a pencil to trace around the circles on both sides of the cardboard boxes wholesales. Cut out the circles using a sharp knife or scissors. Be sure to keep the cuts even and make them close to the edge of the cardboard box so that they form a smooth edge.
Finally, use hot glue to attach the clock faces to the top of the cardboard box. Be sure to glue them in place so that they are facing forward and evenly spaced around the top of the box. Let the glue or adhesive dry completely before handling the clock box.
If you’re one of those people who love to recycle but find yourself reaching for your recycling bin less and less. Cardboard boxes can be your new best friend. Not only is it recyclable, but also there are thousands of other ways to use it that don’t involve going to the landfill. From packaging material to building materials. Cardboard has a variety of uses that can also help reduce wastefulness and boost sustainability.
Apart from that if you want to know about Use Cardboard boxes then please visit our Business category