Over the projected period of 2021 to 2028, it is also anticipated that the growing geriatric population and the rise in the incidence of chronic illnesses would contribute to the expansion of the worldwide market. Additionally, the increase in fracture and orthopaedic disease instances as well as the quick development of X-Ray system techniques are expected to boost the market’s expansion. Additionally, a number of advantageous laws, government initiatives, and investments are among the key elements anticipated to propel the X-ray system market’s expansion.
In the anticipated period of 2021 to 2028, the market for X-ray systems is expected to grow. By 2028, according to Data Bridge Market Research’s analysis, the market will be worth USD 11.74 billion and will expand at a CAGR of 4.05%. One of the key factors anticipated to accelerate the growth and demand for X-ray systems is the increase in demand for early illness diagnosis and detection.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- As the first diagnostic imaging step advised by doctors on their route to a final diagnosis, radiography led the market and is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the projection period.
- As it creates high-contrast resolution pictures with lower ionising radiation, digital radiography is predicted to expand at the quickest pace over the projected period.
- In 2021, the stationary category had the highest revenue share when categorised by mobility.
- Due to its mobility, image quality, speed, and safety, the mobile x-ray systems market is anticipated to expand at a profitable pace over the projected period.
- During the projected period, the diagnostic imaging centre sector is anticipated to develop at the quickest rate.
- In 2020, North America led the market and generated the highest portion of revenue.
- Due to the rising need for improved imaging equipment, Asia Pacific is expected to develop at the quickest CAGR over the projected period.
X-ray Systems Market Growth & Trends
The market for x-ray systems is growing as a result of recent innovations. For example, the incorporation of artificial intelligence (AI) into medical imaging systems and the development of mobile and robotic x-ray systems have made the technology more affordable for use in low-resource areas of the world. For instance, in March 2021, Philips Healthcare announced a partnership with Lunit, a top medical AI startup. Through this partnership, Lunit’s INSIGHT CXR chest detection suite will be integrated into Philips’ diagnostic x-ray suite, improving patient outcomes, enhancing the patient and staff experience, and reducing healthcare costs.
The market is expected to expand over the forecast period due to the increased incidence and awareness of chronic diseases such cancer, neurological problems, orthopaedic diseases, and cardiovascular diseases, which necessitate the use of x-ray equipment for diagnosis. Additionally, the market development is anticipated to be boosted by the increased use of Digital Radiography (DR), which generates high contrast quality pictures with less ionising radiation.
Advantages of the x-ray systems market
- The fact that X-rays have been utilised in medicine for such a sizable amount of time demonstrates how useful people believe them to be. X-rays are an essential aspect of the diagnostic process even if they cannot always diagnose a disease or condition on their own.
- Non-invasive: Without having to physically enter and inspect a patient, an X-ray can assist in making a medical diagnosis or tracking the effectiveness of a therapy.
- Medical practitioners can use X-rays to assist direct them while they put catheters, stents, or other devices inside patients. Additionally, they can aid in the removal of blood clots and other similar obstructions, as well as aid in the treatment of cancers.
- Unexpected discoveries: An X-ray might occasionally reveal a characteristic or disease that is different from the imaging’s original purpose. For instance, bone infections, gas or fluid where there shouldn’t be any, or certain tumour kinds.
Disadvantages of the x-ray systems market
- X-rays can alter our DNA, which could ultimately result in cancer in later life. This is why the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US government both list X-rays as a carcinogenTrusted Source. However, the advantages of adopting X-ray technology exceed any possible drawbacks by a wide margin.
- CT scans are thought to be responsible for 0.4% of cancer cases in the United States. The rising usage of CT scans in medical operations is expected to enhance this level, according to some scientists. In America, at least 62 million CT scans were performed in 2007.
- There is a very little chance of experiencing short-term negative effects despite the fact that X-rays are associated with a slightly elevated risk of cancer.
- High radiation exposure can cause a variety of side effects, including nausea, bleeding, fainting, hair loss, and loss of skin and hair.
Browse for more detailed information
The global x-ray systems market report concludes with a systematic and descriptive analysis of the x-ray systems market, supported by historical and current data of key vendors and players, all the above-mentioned factors, as well as potential future developments. This analysis is done to help clients gain important insights into revenue, volume, and other factors that may aid them in making business-related decisions.
Why choose data bridge market research
An organization that prides itself on providing thorough and reliable analyses of various markets and customers throughout the world is Data Bridge Market Research. The distinctive goal of DBMR is to offer clients high-quality research that is detailed. Our market research studies for global, regional, and country-level market segments, broken down by products, services, technologies, applications, end users, and market players, allow our clients to see more, know more, and do more, which helps them find the answers to their most pressing questions.